Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Save Farris

The last few weeks I have been really burned out on training. I can hardly muster the strength to do any hard intervals durring the week. On top of that the temperture has noticibly dropped to near freezing levels making training rides more painful than they should be. After Saturday's ride in driving wind, drizzle, and temps in the 30 - 35 degree range, I was ready to call it a season. Training is not fun anymore.

Then on Sunday I showed up to the Save Ferris cross race in Northbrook. After walking around the course and watching Tim's 3 race, I was excited about cyclocross again. The course had 2 difficult stair run ups, a fast and slippery ride down the sledding hill and plenty of off camber sections, muddy sections, roadie fast sections and tricky turns to keep it interesting throughout.

Once I got out there and raced, the course was as fun as it looked. I might hate training right now but I still love to suit up and race on the weekends. I might as well enjoy the last few weeks of the season, because once the races stop I know I will miss it.

No comments: