Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trail Review - Arizona 100 Trail

This trail is located in the North Mountain Preserve on the north side of Phoenix. This trail runs right through town and is easily accesible. I brought my single speed to Phoenix and having not yet ridden a single speed on any single track I thought this would be a good trail to try it out.

This trail isn't too technically challenging, but it can kick the crap out of any trail in Illinois. Terrain is dry and rocky, and there are a few short climbs/descents. I could climb almost everything in my 34 - 18 gear and had a blast railing my bike through rock gardens and rocky drop offs.

If you are in Phoenix and looking for a quick ride without traveling very far, check out this trail. Out of five stars I would give it a 3.

No comments: