Wednesday, August 5, 2009

South Shore Kids Tri


This past weekend I was lucky enough to see the future of the sport. I went to the 63rd street beach to watch the South Shore Kids Tri / Sprint Tri. I've been getting my cousin's Mike (13) and Jon (11) ready for this race all summer. They never did a triathlon before but they are naturals for this sport because they are great swimmers and overall really good athletes. My Aunt was like, I just hope they finish, and I was like, Oh no, I think they can win this.


Thanks to Ken Dorado and his Brother Aric I had a couple really sweet bikes for Mike and Jon to ride in the race. Mike was on a Cannondale Get a Grip team frame and Jon was on a Schwinn Fastback with some 60 mm carbon tubulars that I threw on to make it a little faster.

Thanks to Derrick I have a bunch of pictures.

Setting up transition

race start
After Mike came out of the water in first place, Jon passes Mike on the bike.

Mike passes Jon and runs in for a 3rd place finish.

Jon finishes right behind his brother in 4th. Mike on the podium

Post race they said they had a lot of fun and would like to do this again. I'm really proud of them and look forward to when we are competing together head to head. :-)


No comments: