Friday, October 23, 2009

Xterra WC Countdown

It’s intimidating to be in the presence of so many great athletes.
- Kingpin

Two days to go until the big day. 11 years racing Xterra and I’m finally about to reach a lifelong goal. At my first Xterra race in 1999 I was the slowest swimmer and one of the last finishers in the race. Who would have thought I could keep taking it to a higher level and make it to the biggest race in this sport of off road triathlon?

I’m not really nervous about this race like all my other races. I was put in my place at Nationals so I don’t have any aspirations or delusions about placing well at Worlds. My goal is just to take it all in and enjoy the experience. It is so cool to see all these athletes from around the world here for this race. These are the best athletes from each country and I finally proved that I am worthy of being here and competing with them. I wish the race was tomorrow. I can’t wait.

No comments: