Monday, October 1, 2007

Xterra National Championship

Tough race. Got my butt kicked by everybody. The funny thing is that I though I was having a good race until the moment I was closing in on the finish line and I saw my time on the clock. Then I looked at the results and saw that lots of people I beat earlier in the year had beat me at this race. Oh well, that's racing. You have good days and you have bad days.

I have to keep it in perspective and realize that the best athletes in the country were here.

At least I go home with a brand new Regional Champion jersey that they gave me at the Night of Champions dinner. This is the fourth jersey I can add to my collection.

That's it for the triathlon season. I met some goals, and fell short of others. The goals I missed out on are already motivating me for next season.

I'll take a week off, evaluate my season, and then get back to training for cyclocross.

I finished 16/32 in the age group and 122/350 overall

Swim 33:29
Bike 2:11:10
Run 47:34
Overall 3:32:13

No comments: