Thursday, July 23, 2009

Racing again

It seems like I just unpacked from the OH trip and here I am heading off to another race this Saturday.

I have been looking forward to this race for a couple months now because I heard the course is fantastic and I think the competition at this race will be really good. It just might be tougher than the Xterra Midwest Cup.

On the start list I see Midwest Cup amateur champ Blake Vogues, Torn Shirt champion Kaleb VanOrt, and 35-39 midwest series champ Chris Scott will be there. I also have a feeling 35-39 national champ Tim Menoher will be there too. Who knows, if Jim James and Peter Hanson show up, it will no doubt be the race of the year in this region.

I almost conviced my teammates, elite triathletes Dean, Russ, and Matt Thibodeau to do this race. Too bad they couldn't make it, they are missing out.

Now that I clinched the point series title, this race will just be for fun. That and I will get an indication of what I need to improve before Xterra Nationals.

No comments: