Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mizuno Cross Country Series Race #2

This weeks race was at LaBaugh woods. It's a pretty nice course with a 50/50 mix of grass and single track with plenty of obstacles to contend with such as mud, fallen trees, and a turtle.

At the gun I moved into fifth position. The race was pretty uneventful and I held that spot the whole race. The toughest part of the course was about 1 1/2 miles in where the course was routed through the middle of a soccer field. I had to navigate around 20 soccer players running toward the ball. Luckily no one tackled me.

I finished fifth overall (20:05), my best ever finish at one of these Tuesday night cross country races. I won a t shirt for my effort. This was a good prep for my race in Utah this Saturday and I'm feeling confident that I'll have a good race.


No comments: