Monday, December 3, 2007

Check In

It's been a while since I've posted. No racing to speak of has turned me into a visitor of the site rather than a participating member!

With that said, I have my phase of burn-out out of the way and training is going strong. I've joined the 100 in 100 Challenge, 100 runs in 100 days, all a minimum of 30 minutes or running (no walks!), you can do two-a-days if you like to give yourself a day off.

This whole disaster started 12/1, so I'm 4 days in at this point with 5 runs under my belt. I figure since I am brimming with enthusiasm to train, I should get some extra work in. Tomorrow I have the morning off from work, so I'll get run #6 in then, and #7 tomorrow night.

I've been keeping the runs short, no more than 40 minutes, to allow for the possibility of a second run and to be sure the next day I feel fine. I've been doing a lot of speed work as well to keep my mind occupied on the "dreadmill".

As a final note, check this out:



The new Alma for 2008! Now I don't have to feel left out! This guy will look great next to my Oiz and I can be a part of the Alma Team with Tim and Ted.

No comments: