Friday, June 5, 2009

Finally got it off my conscience ...

... just joined CAMBR. I've felt bad for not joining and kept saying I would. After reading about the IMBA and land manager meeting this coming weekend, I decided to pony up with my fiscal support. I wasn't able to join Derrick, Ted and the others last weekend for the trail workday, but I hope that this is just as meaningful in CAMBRs great efforts to improve local trail riding.

Reading a discussion in the CAMBR forum was a good reminder that membership money is only 1/2 of the story. A list of all the local riders who support CAMBRs cause is equally valuable. The more names they get, the more weight their land utilization suggestions carry to improve existing trails and building new ones.

I'm adjusting to life in the O.P. and joined a local ride this morning. Both the weather and the pace was brisk. It starts about 400M from my place, so waking up at 5:00am should be the only thing keeping me from joining regularly.

2 comments:

Ted said...

Thanks for mentioning the trailwork. I think the reroutes we were working on might be completed by now. I'd like to get out there and ride them.

tyuska said...

Want to go to Palos today after work? Palos handles rain REALLY well!! (grumbling)