Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sincere Product Review - El Duke




In order to support my bike buying habit and have the ability to afford some new cross bikes for the fall I need to part with some bikes from my stable. One of these bikes on the sales block has tar all over the frame from when I rode over a street that was being repaved. In order to make this bike look nice again I needed a product that will remove the gunk yet not ruin the paint job on the bike.

I found out about El Duke when I saw it on the jerseys of team Half Acre. Curious about what it was, I looked it up online. I found out it was an environmentally friendly non toxic degreaser.

http://web.mac.com/eldukedegreaser/El_Duke_Degreaser_/Home.html

Since I am always cleaning my bikes and testing out different degreasing products I stored this away in my mind so I would remember to buy some for my next big cleaning project.

I couldn't get the tar off the above mentioned bike with any other product so I went to Rapid Transit and picked up a bottle of El Duke. It's a good sign when the guy at the store who sold it to me seemed really enthusiastic about this product.

Well to cut to the chase, this stuff is great at getting off tar and it seems really good at degreasing too. It moved quickly to the front as my favorite bike cleaning product. It removes gooey substances better than goo gone, it doesn't have a noxious odor like simple green, it doesn't burn my hands or ruin metal finishes like some high power auto degreasers I use.

El Duke is all pros and no cons. Go out and buy this product.

No comments: