Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ulysses

I just got back from a ride and was thinking it's pretty cold out there for June. Shiiiit, it's pretty cold for March. I can't feel my fingers, or my hands... or even my arms. Damn, I was under dressed with a long sleeve jersey on. Oh well, at least it didn't rain today.

I'm from Chicago. You might be faster than me, but I'm tougher than you.

Spotted on the Lakefront path: Kangaroo toe, guy riding with his helmet on backward, little girl crying on the side of the path because she can't pedal her bike forward into the headwind. Suck it up Sally.

I'm increasing my run mileage and realizing, you can't be both a good runner and a good biker. It's a conundrum of my training.

From my last blog, I'm not hating on all dog walkers on bikes, just the dumb ones. I think riding your bike is a good thing, and spending quality time with your dog is a good thing. As the arbiter of common sense, here are a few rules: 1) if you can't ride a bike, don't try to ride a bike and walk a dog. There are some basic skills you gotta bring to the table, and if you don't, someone's going to get hurt. 2) don't yank on the dog's neck. This probably pisses them off as much as it pisses me off. 3) keep the dog on your right hand side. This keeps them on the right hand side of the path and out of the way of traffic. I had a few more rules, but I forgot them already.

I wonder what Hemme's doing now?

No comments: